Here I have to fix antimalware service executable msmpeng.exe high memory, high CPU, disk usage error in Windows 10/8/8.1/7. The error occurs because of the Windows Defender anti-malware service.
The anti-malware service executable occurs because of Windows real-time protection, so if we change the real-time protection setting, then the error would be gone. But by turning off Windows Defender real-time protection may harm your PC. So here I have found the easiest way to fix anti-malware service executable error in Windows operating system.
- Search and open Task Scheduler.
- Now expand Task Scheduler Library → Microsoft → Windows.
- Now scroll down and find Windows Defender.
- By select Windows Defender, you will see four different options on the right side, are Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Cleanup, Scheduled Scan, and Verification.
- Now right-click on Windows Defender Scheduled Scan and click Properties.
- Now click the Conditions Tab and uncheck all conditions as shown below image and click OK. That’s it.