What is CDN?
When a visitor views your website, he instantly got redirected to the main web host’s server (i recommend site ground) and then he can see your website pages, images etc. This is good. But if your site getting high traffic, then there is a high chance of website crashing. It is a nightmare to the site owner and he may lose his customers or viewers. So here comes CDN, the powerful network of servers that are spread throughout the world. Using CDN, your static content is cached and stored on all of these servers.
Why You Need it for Your WordPress Blog?
In that previous section, I told about CDN. You can see that having a CDN can make a huge impact on your website. And here are the most important features of it:
- Speed: It is a common matter that you will get traffic from many places so here CDN acts like the main server. So any visitor can access your site faster. But remember you still need a web hosting if you use it. We recommend those Best WordPress Hosting companies or you can check here.
- Stability: Using this service, your site will get more stability. So there will be no chance of server crashing. Firstly, you have to set up properly or See how to set up it with W3 Total Cache Plugin. CDN allows us to distribute the load to multiple servers instead of having 100% traffic to our main server thus making it less likely to crash.
- Security: When it comes to the website, then you must need better security for the site. But first, you need to maintain security for your site. Here are the suggested WordPress security plugins that protect your site. So a CDN is perfectly situated to act as a virtual high-security fence and prevent attacks on your website and web application. The on-edge position also makes a CDN ideal for blocking DDoS floods, which need to be mitigated outside of your core network infrastructure.
- Improve User Experience: User experience is the most important thing here. If visitors earn bad experience from your site i.e slow page load speed, crashing and security issue. Then you probably lose most of your viewers. So you need CDN for a fast site which means improved user experience. “With better web hosting, you also need a good theme for your blog.” Furthermore, it will be increased in page views and decrease bounce rate.
- Improve SEO: Your site will automatically rank in a higher position if site speed is good enough.
You may also like Discover 15 ways to increase your blog traffic.