In this post, we want to discuss a nice function to generate sha-1 key android or SHA-1 fingerprint of Keystore certificate by Android Studio. Before we get started, if you want to know about use custom font in android studio, please go through the following article: How to use custom font in Android Studio.
Secure Hash Algorithm 1 or SHA-1 hash value is typically rendered as a hexadecimal number, 40 digits long used by organizations like Google, Facebook, etc uses SHA-1 hash value for a secure connection between their services and clients. Being it is an important part of establishing a secure connection between two endpoints and developers may need it frequently I think it is worth explaining how to get SHA-1 hash value for an application.
If you are using Android Studio, you can find the SHA-1 fingerprint of the Keystore certificate in a very simple two-way. The ways are following down:
- Run your project
- Click on the Gradle menu
- Expand Gradle task tree
- Click on android-> signingReport and see the magic
- It will tell you everything
- Result Under Run Tab If Android Studio < 2.2
- From android studio 2.2 the result will be available under Run console but use highlighted toggle button
Second Way with Google Maps Activity
- Create new project in android studio New -> Google Maps Activity
- then open google_maps_api.xml xml file as shown in pics you will see your SHA key
generate sha-1 key android
The article was published on January 21, 2017 @ 9:27 AM