Windows 11 is on the way, and if you are , it will be free to upgrade to Microsoft’s newly redesigned latest featured operating system. Do you know, How to upgrade Windows 11 by Insider Preview today to try it early??
As long as your computer meets the minimal requirements, you will be ready to update to Windows 11 an equivalent way you always update Windows 10 — as soon as it begins rolling out throughout the and into 2022, Microsoft has dropped some hints that it might arrive as early as October.
In case you’re a member of the Windows Insider Program and just can’t wait until the final version arrives, you may download or upgrade the primary Windows 11 Insider Preview build today and test out a number of the new features, like , and the . We’ll inform you ways below.
First, to see if your current Windows 10 PC is eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 11, check out Microsoft’s site for specifications. And if you buy a new PC between now and the general release, that computer will also be eligible for the free upgrade. If you haven’t updated to Windows 10 yet, don’t worry — there’s a trick for downloading Windows 10 free that still works. Now would be a good time to make the switch to prepare your machine for the Windows 11 upgrade.
How to upgrade Windows 11 by Insider Preview build
If you are a member of the Windows Insider Program (you can check in now for free), you’ll download the first Insider Preview build of Windows 11 now. However, it is vital to notice that beta versions, particularly early ones like this, tend to be buggy. You should never download the beta on your primary device, only on a tester device if you’ve got one. For many people, it is best to attend for the public beta to arrive in July, or better yet, the general release later within the year. This first build also does not include every new feature that will eventually arrive with the general release.
Still, want to try it out? Here’s how to upgrade windows 11.
- Make sure you’re running a licensed version of Windows 10 on your device, and that you’re an administrator on the device. Register to join the Windows Insider Program. if you haven’t already. Or sign in to your Windows Insider account. Click Start flighting.
- Go to Settings >Update & Security > Windows Insider Program. Click Get Started.
- Under Pick an account to get started, select +to connect the Microsoft account you registered with and continue.
- Follow the instructions to choose the experience and channel you want to get Insider Preview builds through: the Dev channel (for developers), the beta channel (for early adopters), or the release preview channel (for those who want to get the latest version just before it’s generally released). Note that this build is coming to the Dev channel.
- Review the Privacy Statement and terms, and click confirm. Click Restart Now.
- After restarting, make sure your data settings are correct so you can download preview builds. To do this, go to Settings >Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback, and make sure the Optional Diagnostic Data switch is flipped to On.
- Go to Settings >Update & Security > Windows Update. Click the Check for updates button. You should see the latest Insider Preview build based on the settings you selected.
From there, your device should update the same way it would with any other Windows update, and you’ll be good to go.