Hackers use various methods to hack facebook account passwords of the victim. Today I tell you what type of methods hackers are using for hacking a Facebook account and how can you prevent yourself from these hacks.
1. Facebook Phishing
Phishing is one of the most popular ways to hack Facebook account. In Phishing, the hacker creates a fake login page or creates a clone of the Facebook login page that looks like the real Facebook page. In the next step Facebook, the hacker asks the victim to log in through the fake phishing web page, victim username, and password stored in a hacker computer.
How to Protect yourself from Facebook Phishing
- Never login to your Facebook account on another computer.
- Always avoid emails that ask you to log in to your Facebook account in the new tab.
- Never open any spammy links that give by your friend in the message box or by SMS.
- Always use the Chrome browser, chrome identifies the phishing page.
- Use Antivirus on your computer.
- Make sure you are on facebook.com and double-check the web address.
Keylogging is one of the easiest ways to hack the password of the Facebook account. A keylogger is a small software or program which installed in a victim computer and this program record everything which victim type in his computer.
How to Protect yourself from Keyloggers
- Install a good antivirus on your computer.
- Never open your Facebook account on another computer.
- Always download free software from trusted websites
- Never download or get the software from untrusted sources.
- Always scan a pen drive for virus
3. View Saved Password from Browser
Like you know whenever we login new account in our browser, the browser asks to save this username and password on the computer. Anyone can hack Facebook account from view to your Facebook password in your browser. Just go to this URL and you see username and password in your chrome browser. chrome://settings/passwords
How to Protect yourself from this Hack
- Never save your login password in your web browser.
- Secure your chrome browser with the password.
- Always use a strong password on your Computer.
4. Mobile Phone Hacking
Generally, we reset our Facebook passwords from our mobile phones. What if someone installs monitor apps on our phone. With monitor apps, hackers can access and read all SMS and he can easily reset your Facebook password in just seconds.
How to Protect yourself from Facebook Mobile Phone Hacking
- Always install a good antivirus on your mobile phone.
- Never install unknown apps on your phone.
- Always check your phone for suspicious apps
Social Engineering is a simple attack made by the hacker, in this method hackers can collect information about the victim as much as he can from various methods. If a victim uses a simple password like his birth date, mobile number, school name, girlfriend name and bike number, a good hacker can easily guess your password and hack Facebook account.
- Never use any simple password in your Facebook account.
- Never ever write your Facebook account on any paper.
- Many people use the same password on different websites, my advice is never to use the same password for many websites.
- Make a strong password from this website Random Password Generator
6. From Hacking your Email Account
Mainly the first hacker hacks your email account then hacks your Facebook account from password resetting.
How to Protect yourself from Email Hacking
- Enable 2 Step authentication in your email account. When you enable this security in your Gmail account, no one accesses your Gmail account without your mobile OTP.
- Use a strong password in your email.
7. Source Code
At facebook website login pages, you can view masked passwords (******)by changing the password input type as text from the inspect element in your browser. This method works in all modern browsers. Never leave your PC on with the signup page. Anyone can know your Facebook password from this method.
Save yourself from this Attack
- Never save your Facebook password in your web browser.
Nowadays you can see, you can signup and make your id on any website from your Facebook account. Many websites create a fake login page and ask you to enter your Facebook username and password. In this hack, a hacker creates a fake website and asks a user to sign up from their Facebook account.
How to Protect yourself from Tabnapping
- Avoid signup from the Facebook account, always use trusted websites.
- Avoid spyware and freeware software.
- Never play free games on untrusted websites.
9. Simple Logout Scenario
Many users never log out of Facebook IDs from the computer. Anyone can access your Facebook account when you leave your computer. This is the last piece of advice always log out of our Facebook account when you leave your computer alone.